Orciatico develop itself in Valdera and it’s brush against with the torrent Fosce at North whereas it is brush against the torrent Foscecchia in the south.
In the vicinity of the hamlet, some scientists did investigations on the natural events of the emission of carbon dioxide, they were just documented by Giovanni Targioni Tozzetti in XVIII century.
The hamlet born under the dominion of Lajatico, it remained under the dominion of it since the XII century, when both of the castles were assigned to the bishop Ildebrando Pannocchieschi of Volterra. In 1434 the stronghold of Orciatico was dismantled by the citizens of Florence.
In 1833 the hamlet counted 687 citizens.