Gello is an hamlet of the community of Palaia, it is in province of Pisa.
The toponym derives from the latin Agellus and the hamlet shows up as a little medieval village, it is situated on the top of a terrain of clay between Palaia, Colleoli and Partino. Gello is mentioned for the first time in the book of the churches of Lucca in 1260, for the presence of a church dedicated to San Lorenzo. In XIII century the hamlet belonged to the vicarage of Montefoscoli.
In 1833 the hamlet counted 191 citizens.
Monuments and place of interest
- Church of San Lorenzo is dating back to XIII century and it is remembered thanks to a document of the diocese of Lucca in 1260. It fall back to the parochial territory of San Martino and Palaia. It shows up in Romanesque plain, it was continuously modified during the centuries. Inside of it is situated a Madonna col Bambino of the master of charity, it was transferred a church of Saint Andrea at Palaia.