Forcoli is an hamlet of the community of Palaia, it is in the province of Pisa. The name “Forcoli” derived by the ancient “Forcole” and it derived by castrum Forcolae.
The older reference in the history of it appears in 1061. In period from 1141 to 1153 one side of the hamlet passed from the archbishop of Pisa to the archbishop of Lucca. In 1285 the hamlet was conquered by Florence. The hamlet didn’t escape from the consequences of the successive wars of Pisa and Florence: In 1362 an army of Florence, guided by the marquess Bonifazio Lupo, destroyed “Mercantale di Forcoli”.
The last historical buyer of Villa was baron Brunner, the piazza of the hamlet is entitled to him. In 1915 a member from the Guido Brunner family’s was delegate by his father, He had deserted from the Austro-Hungarian empire for fight with the italians. He pass away in 1916.